Climate change and carbon (© Christel Saneh)
Are you concerned about climate change but not sure how to best express your concern?
Do you want to help make a difference and inspire change but not sure where to start?
If so, World Athletics would like to invite you to participate in ‘Rock Your Cause’, workshops on climate change communication that we're organising around the following meets:
• Birmingham Diamond League (May 20, the day before, time tbc)
• Turku Continental Tour (June 13, the day before, time tbc)
• Monaco Diamond League (Aug 9, the day before, 7pm)
• Zurich Diamond League (Sep 7, the first day, time tbc)
The aim of the workshops is to help athletes identify the most effective ways to speak confidently about the issues they care about most.
• Date: Tuesday August 9th
• Place: Hotel Riviera Marriott (Meet Hotel), Saint Tropez Meeting Room
• Time: 7pm
The workshops will be conducted by Dr Madeleine Orr and Dr Daniel Sailofsky, noted academics and communicators in the sport and sustainability space and experts on climate change communication.
The workshops will last one hour and will be scheduled to not interfere with your pre-meet routine. Space is limited – if interested please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the start time conflicts with a training session or your travel schedule, let us know. We'll try to organise small group sessions either prior to or after the main workshop. Let us know what time works best for you.